Thursday, April 30, 2009

Coming Back To School?

As of right now I have no idea what I'm doing with school. I personally don't think I'm in the right mindset to be attending college. I have no motivation to do anything right now. All I want to do is work, which I can't do right because I'm at school. It's difficult for me to understand that I have to put effort into school because this essentially determines the rest of my life. When I was younger I never thought that I'd live to see the age of 18, only because I couldn't picture it in my head (yes I was a morbid child). The same is going on right now. I can't picture myself getting all A's in school, getting my own house, paying all my bills, and having a job that I will go to every day for the rest of my life. I'm not really prepared to see that happen quite yet.

Since I don't know what I'm doing I think that it would be best for me to go to North Shore Community College because I think that my mother is wasting her money keeping me at Salem State. I'd be more than happy to pay a lot less for classes at NSCC to get all of the English, Math, ect out of the way so I can focus on my major of Psychology at a later point in time. So I can put all of my effort into what I really want to do. I've always wanted to help people out in the line of work I chose because I don't think anything else is really worth it. I've always had an interest in people who need help, or are damaged in some way (shows through past friendships, believe me).

Right now I feel like I need to get a full time job and take the next year off of school so I can get some perspective as well as get some motivation to do well in school. I do work over the summer at Safety Insurance 40 hours a week but I also asked my boss to keep his eye open for any full time positions after the summer. I'd love to work there for a year and save up some money before I go back to school full time. Also, after working for a year full time I think that I will want to go back to school more just so I won't have to be working. A lot of people say not to take a year off because you'll never want to go back. The exact opposite is going to happen with me. I don't like my life to be going in the same direction for too long, I like new things. I'll be so eager to go back to school after a year of working that I think I will do amazing in school. Right now I am just kind of lost and don't know where to start, which is why I'm having such a hard time in school. I guess we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment